Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Scratch Game Design



Our teacher had us critique each others games. We critiqued them in a sandwich style format: compliment, constructive criticism, compliment. User experienced influenced my game by setting the standards high. They commented what I needed to fix and I took that, leveled it up and applied it to my game. Their comments also helped because it gave me more ideas to put in my game. It helped me to add different ideas and make my game more fun.

Both of my games were really different. My chase game was more simple and easy. The code was not as complex as my platformer game. It seemed like my chase game was more "2d" and my platformer game was more "3d." I definitely had more experience when I created my platformer game so it turned out a lot more complex. My chase game just uses the arrow keys and my platformer game uses the arrow keys, space bar and it also has a gravity engine.

My best code was on my platformer game. This code was for my gravity engine. It definitely helped change my game a lot. One of the hardest bugs I had to fix in my game was getting the gravity engine perfect. I had to get it so it would float down slow and not keep on floating up when the space bar was pressed. I fixed this by researching about gravity engines and getting help from my peers. Hope you enjoy my games! :)

5 comments:

  1. I like what sprites you picked
    I think it should be harder
    I find it fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how smoothly both dinosaurs move. I noticed that when the time ran out it said I lost, but after the dinosaur said that the game didn't end and I could still make more points. Maybe you could put the block "stop all" after when the dinosaur says game over, and maybe you could try to stop the timer when the player loses. But overall I think that game was great and it worked pretty smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that this game has a score board but To help you improve is to make so comments to each sprit. This is overall a good game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. like how good the penguin moves but I think you should also make the jump key on the arrow key. Its a great game tho

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel guilty saying this three times in a row but I loved the design, the platforms were absolutely lovely to look at. I think this game definitely needed more time to be finished and it seems you didn't use a gravity engine or failed in doing so (But a good fail, so I'm not just being mean here.). And I enjoyed the penguin, because a game with a penguin no matter how broken is a great game.

    ReplyDelete

Movie Trailer Premier

Hey everyone! We are making movie trailers, and our team is very excited about this project! To start off, we all planned out a few idea...